Sunday 6 November 2011

Me dicen la clandestina por no llevar papel...*


I don't know where to start this story. So let's do it from... the end.

On Wednesday together with Magda we are going to Lviv. To the border crossing, in fact. We are going there only to cross Ukrainian-Polish border and go back to Ukraine. We have to do this because OVIR (Office of Visas and Registration) refused to register us, so if we don't leave this beautiful country till Friday, we'll become illegal immigrants. How is it possible? New Ukrainian visa law don't know about Ukrainian NGO's existence. Peace Corps - ok, Amnesty International - ok, Greenpeace - ok, Donetsk Youth Debate Centere - not ok.

It means that my host organization is not allowed to send me invitation which is needed to get a visa. It doesn't matter that I got that invitation and I got a visa. They are not allowed, full stop. I have to go back home, although I don't want to. And later try to go back. If it works, I still have to go back to Poland to get a new visa. How to get it, nobody knows.

Fingers crossed. I need your support.

*"Clandestino" by Manu Chao and "Immigraniada" by Gogol Bordello can be heard in our room all day long...

No comments:

Post a Comment